– eCPMs on mobile to get close to that of desktop in 3 years
– exponential growth in new WAP pages
– Ad Networks minting the most money in the mobile space
– Ad aggregators orchestrating the Ad Network inventory enure a great contextual ads
– Innovation and competition in meta data scrapping to provide contextual ads
– Videos in general and video ads in particular to do heavy lifting in next 18-24 months
– Many innovations, apps, and companies to pop up based on geo-location based, targeted advertising or coupon based ads in next 18 months (I personally do not think it will change much or sustain)
– Augmenting native apps and using them for a totally different reasons will be a trend to watch till 2011
– Mobile apps bubble to burst by 2012 and all the mobile version of pet.com’s will perish, any mobile company after that will create value, change the world, make meaning and hence money as Guy Kawasaki would say
– The limited real estate on the mobile screen and a probable saturation of smartphones by 2012 in top 3 revenue generating markets will see some reduction in hype.
However, the very nature of the stickiness of mobile device to humans wears it in 2 years and every new upgrade will ensure a constant innovation in mobile space
Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and
I’m impressed! Very helpful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information much.
I was looking for this certain information for a long time.
Thank you and best of luck.